An opportunity to have your voices heard on policy and issues facing Canada.
The CYC program is important to me because it allows youth to bring a new perspective on policy and issues affecting our communities. I know that the CYC in Scarborough North is working hard to be the youth voice for our community, and I intend to bring this perspective with me, upon my return to Ottawa.
With this said, following the many successful policy discussions and projects undertaken by past Constituency Youth Councils, I am happy to announce the CYC 2018-2019 applications are now open! Scarborough North CYC will include youth between the age of 16-24 from different schools, neighborhoods and local associations. Once selected, the council will meet throughout the year to discuss issues that matter to members of our community and our country. Our Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, emphasizes that “young voices must be part of our decision making process.”
CLICK HERE for Youth Council applications.
Applications for the Scarborough North Youth Council are open until November 9th at 5:00 pm
These are the positions available:
- Provide a perspective about ongoing issues to both the Member of Parliament and the Youth Council
- Help the Youth Council build positive relationships within the community
- Help develop Youth Council community projects
In addition to general membership, youth interested in joining our council are encouraged to apply to the following Executive positions:
- Organize Youth Council meetings
- Take minutes during Youth Council meetings
- Create required documents (ex. Google doc, excel sheets) and track progress of the Youth Council
- Organize and facilitate a project throughout the year
- Coordinate all Youth Council teams to achieve the overall council goals
- Ensure Youth Council deadlines and goals are achieved
- Coordinate with the MP office to help manage social media
- Assist with the preparation of communication materials ie. emails, notes, and social media messaging
- Develop creative ways to promote ongoing Youth Council projects
For any additional questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to hearing from the youth in our community.
MP Shaun Chen